The instructions on this page are for upgrading from ListMessenger Light 2.2.1 to Pro 2.2.1 only.
While there are no actual database changes between ListMessenger Light 2.2.1 and Pro 2.2.1 it is a good idea to backup your ListMessenger database using a tool such as MySQLDump or PHPMyAdmin
before upgrading anyways.
Upgrading Light to Pro
Essentially all you need to do to upgrade from ListMessenger Light to Pro is replace the Light files on your server with the ones from the ListMessenger Pro distribution file.
- Download the latest version of ListMessenger Pro from the "My Downloads" section of the ListMessenger Members Area after you have completed your purchase.
- Rename your old ListMessenger Light application directory on your server to "listmessenger_backup" or something to that effect.
- Upload the ListMessenger Pro application directory to your web-server using the same directory name as you initially had with ListMessenger Light.
- Copy the ListMessenger Light "config.inc.php" from the "listmessenger_backup/includes" directory to the new "listmessenger/includes" directory or just edit the new config.inc.php file with the same vales.
- Upload your ListMessenger Pro Licence Key file (key.php) to your listmessenger application directory root.
- Open your browser and away you go. That's it!
And The Most Common Mistake Is...
Changing the name of the directory between Light and Pro during the upgrade. For instance they may have ListMessenger Light running at http://www.yourdomain.com/listmessenger-light-2.2.1 and they want to change that now that they're running the new version. You cannot change this during an upgrade. Please see the knowledge base for instructions after you the upgrade.