- Purchase ListMessenger Pro from the Members Area or you can download ListMessenger Light.
- Unpack the ListMessenger distribution file and upload the contents to your web-server.
- Point your web-browser to the directory, and follow the instructions:
That is it in a nut shell, but for the folks who would like more details please continue reading.
- Unpack ListMessenger with any upzip / untar program. The extracted directory will be named "listmessenger-pro-2.x.x" or something to that effect; it would be a good idea to rename this extracted directory to "listmessenger", "mailinglist" or something similar.
- Upload the entire ListMessenger directory tree (all folders and files) to a web-server which meets the minimum system requirements.
ListMessenger Pro Only
Upload your licence key file (key.php) to the ListMessenger application directory root.
You will require your Authorisation Code that you received in the welcome key e-mail when you purchased ListMessenger Pro during the installation. ListMessenger Pro is licenced on a per-domain basis.
The following directories, which by default reside within the ListMessenger program directory need to be writable by the user that your web-server and / or PHP runs as. This can generally be done through your FTP client such as Filezilla or Transmit and setting the permissions to 777.
Unix / Linux Web-Servers: Please chmod the those directories to 777 using either your FTP client or by command line by entering chmod 777 directoryname.
Windows Web-Servers: I believe that on most Windows servers directories are already writable by the user in which your web-server runs; however, if they are not then you should be able to set this information by right clicking on the directories and allowing everyone to read / write data.
- Point your web browser to the ListMessenger setup program located in the ListMessenger program directory and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After the installation has been completed, make sure you delete the setup.php file AND setup directory from the ListMessenger directory root.
If you require installation assistance, it is available to you 24 / 7 using our public forums.
Free installation can be provided for first time setups. Please contact us directly at sales at listmessenger.com for further information. If you would like us to upgrade your existing installation or move ListMessenger from one server to another server because you have changed hosting providers, we can also provide this as an added service for a nominal fee.